Sunday, March 6, 2011

How to make a nuclear reactor at home please?

Blue Lake

Well, Yeah, I am making one. I have already got the Thorium i need, I got it of bulbs, which have a thorium compound and I isolated it. So, yeah, now what? I am good at chemistry, but not at making a reactor assembly? I have made my control rods of course, 6 of them and have made the turbine and mechanical-electrical energy converters too. But what next. Lol, I just realized, i could make plutonium from this right?



Crawford

I appreciate your efforts, but let me tell you I was working in Department of Atomic energy. It takes a lot of manpower, space, money(in crores) and at least 5 years to make a moderate size reactor. To know more about nuclear reactor read the Book Nuclear Reactor Engineering alongside Glasstone added to SesonskiIVAN



Bouton

If you were very dedicated to making the reactor, you might just pull it off. But if anyone ever found out about it, you could be looking at prison time.



Angels City

Cant tell you much about this (its sorta a secret) but my advice is dont give yourself cancer, and dont go selling your stuff to some terrorists.



Eden

You've gone off the deep end! A lot of people would be straight pissed to find out their neighbor has a secret nuclear reactor in their basement



Kensington

Good for you kid, at least your not making meth.


No comments: